What is Li-Fi ?
- It is a bidirectional, high speed and fully networked wireless communication technology similar to Wi-Fi.
- The term was coined by Harald Haas and is form of Visible light communication and a subset of optical wireless communication and could be a complement to RF Communication.
- It is so far measured to be about 100 times faster than some Wi-Fi implementations, reaching speeds of 224 GBPS.
Benefits of LI-Fi :
- Wifi is great for general wireless coverage while Lifi is ideal for high density coverage in a confined region.
- It is believed that the technology can yield a speed more than 10 Gbps, allowing a HD film to be downloaded within 30 seconds.
How WiFi is going to contribute to death of human:
There might several diseases may occur by using WiFi. According to the research the following diseases may occur.
- It’s not just about staying up late at night to check your smartphones because the electromagnetic signals can actually give you sleepless nights on their own.
- It was discovered that those who sleeps beside their phones or have a home wifi signal turned on for the rest of the night develop a sleeping problem in the long run.
Impaired Cell Growth:
- A study conducted on Danish children revealed that they had difficulty concentrating after sleeping with phones above their heads.
- Another study was conducted later on involving the two groups of plants.
- The first group was exposed in a room with two WiFi routers, while the other group was free from radiation. The result showed that the for group of plants stopped growing.
Reducing Sperm Quality and Quantity:
- While the brain activity of women is lessened in the study above, another research discovered that being on WiFi for a long time can affect a man’s vicinity.
- Sperm movement is reduced and can even caused fragmentation of DNA if continually exposed to radiation.